The Making of My Sister’s Wedding: The Flower Girl Dresses, Part Six

Today we headed out to do the fittings on the flower girls, and found that the dresses fit almost perfectly on one flower girl, but were a little bit big on the other two. I’m very glad I didn’t end up putting the zippers in beforehand, because they fit so much better at the end of the day today than they did when we started! I am happy to say, however, that we didn’t have to hem ANY of them! The pre-hems I did were perfect on all three girls!

IMG_0976

Once I had marked all the zipper locations, I set to work. I cut off the excess fabric and pinned the zippers. Two of the girls look on as I get ready to sew.

IMG_0980

Making sure the dress fits with the finished zipper.

IMG_0987

Here come the flower girls!

IMG_0989

IMG_0998

And… we’re done! They are so cute in their dresses, and I can’t wait til they wear them at the wedding next week!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: