My interfacing arrived, and so I was able to make some progress on my shirt dress tonight – and I love it so far, even though it’s not even a little bit close to wearing it!
Ironing on the interfacing – it went in all the band and collar pieces to stabilize them.
Prepping the bodice darts. I can remember a time when darts were the most confusing thing I’ve ever seen – now they’re easy-peasy!
Pinning the darts and preparing them for the sewing machine.
Sewing the darts. Not sure why this picture came out so dark, as the sewing machine is right next to a lamp…
The bodice front pieces, darted and pressed! I can’t tell you how much I love this fabric – it’s so soft and I can’t wait to actually wear this dress!
Gathering stitches on the bodice back. Believe it or not, for all my years of sewing, I only recently truly learned to do gathers correctly and evenly. It was one of those things that I didn’t think mattered all that much… until I learned the proper technique and realized it matters a whole lot!
Bodice back and yolk attached!
The yolk facing pinned and waiting to be slipstiched, which is where I leave this for the time being. I made a lot of good progress in a small amount of time, but I want to go slow and steady and create something I can actually wear with pride, and that fits well.