My July makes post is not a particularly exciting one I’m afraid, but at least there’s something to look at!
Now that I’m doing pattern reviews for the new patterns I use, it gets harder to figure out where to fit in the makes from tried and true patterns. As most of my July sewing projects were new (or new-to-me!) patterns, I haven’t produced a ton of tried and trues.
However, I did make this Sew Over It Marguerite dress using the art-deco inspired fabric I got from Blackbird Fabrics weeks ago (sadly now out of stock). My initial thought had been to do a sundress, but I ended up wanting to show off more of the print, and the lines on Marguerite are perfect for that! I really like how it came out.
Marguerite, while fitted at the waist, doesn’t have a ton of style lines in the bodice aside from bust darts, and so it showed off a lot of the surface of this beautiful fabric. The gently gathered skirt does so as well.
As this is the third Marguerite I’ve made, I consider myself an old pro at it at this point. However, I still find the pocket instructions extremely confusing so I just do the pockets the same way I’ve seen them done in other patterns and it works out just fine. The sleeve cuffs can be a little confusing if you’re a beginning, but once you get the hang of what’s happening, they’re super easy to do!
I have lots of fun projects lined up for August, including a very exciting Marvelous Mrs. Maisel reproduction! I still don’t know what September will bring as far as work goes (whether we’ll be onsite or remote), so I want to get in the sewing time while I can!