Normally I name my dresses after the fabric I’m using but in this case I went with the pattern. I veered away from the major pattern companies and finally tried out the Chantilly Pattern from Colette Patterns. The last time I attempted it, I stopped while doing the yoke because something about it was off and my skills were just not what they are currently. However I still loved the pattern and I knew it would work perfectly with some rayon challis I had my eye on from Rifle Paper Co.
Everything was cut out and ready to go from my day of cutting, so I was able to just get to work.
First I had to prep the interfacing because, despite it being written pretty large there on the pattern piece… I neglected to cut it in cutting day.
Then I affixed the interfacing to a few of the lining pieces.
Finally it was time to sew. I pieced together the yoke and the yoke lining easily and pressed the collar down to prepare for topstitching. I love the finished look of top stitching so I get excited when I find patterns that use it.
Then I had to go out for a haircut so I took a break. (Before and after on the hair coming soon, once the color is done.)
When I got back I tackled the bodice pieces, and I’m pretty satisfied with how they came out. I always find bodice gathers a little tricky and this is far from perfect but I didn’t have to take any seams out so I’m taking the win!
The skirt pieces were easy and went together quickly and seeing this fabric put togeher into a garment made me love it even more – and makes me want all the rayon challis. All of it.
I need to attach the yoke to the dress and then do some of the finishing work and this baby will be done!