The Rosa Dress has been on my “to sew” list for a while now. I’ve had both the fabric and the pattern on hand, ready to go but have been waiting. For what, I couldn’t tell you but I finally decided to wait no more! I wanted to put this dress together.
I started with the bodice, of course. It consisted of this center piece with bust darts which got attached to the two side pieces creating diagonal, shaping seams. Even at this early stage I could tell that I loved the shaping of the bodice.
I pressed the seams until they were nice and crisp. To think, I used to believe pressing was no big deal and made no real difference to the project. How very, very wrong I was. Pressing the seams as you go along helps keep everything neat and ensures a better fit.
As with most of my Rifle Paper Co fabric, I am in love with this one. This was my very first purchase of their fabric and I am so glad I bought it, and that I’m finally using it.
Next up was the bodice back, simply done and shaped with darts. After that, all that was left to the bodice was to attach the front and back pieces.
Moving on to the skirt, I attached all the panels and have them all ready to go onto the bodice when I pick the project up next.